Friday, August 27, 2010

For My Ladies Who Smile

My Greatness Can't be Duplicated

I can't duplicate this greatness you're anticipating
you're looking at me with those eyes
those eyes of expectancy
waiting for yet another masterpiece
and honestly
I don't know where the first one came from
thus I can not produce a second

If I must add this greatness is just so great

In all sincerity I didn't know that I was so important
I had no idea you were watching
and waiting
I was only focused on being a better me
focused on forward motion
So I completely missed you back there picking up my droppings
I was so transformed..maybe consumed is a better word
I was so consumed with my transformation that I didn't realize it was prompting your transformation
So here I sit in my window, drinking my Wawa coffee
with you watching me
waiting on my next move of greatness
and honestly
I'm just living...welcome to the journey

No comments:

Post a Comment