Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's Been A Few Days

So it's been a few days and I have so much on my mind to say but not quite sure where to start.
The first thing is I started working this week. Now I am thankful to have a job but honestly I know it's just a temporary thing. I know I'm there to learn something so I'm opening myself up and allowing myself to be a sponge so I can learn everything I need to learn in preparation for the next position. The job is fine minus the plenty awkward moments. I was actually hired because they had to fire the young lady who had my position. First my boss assured me they haven't had to fire more than 5 employees in their entire existence-thanks for the reassurance but I don't think that was anything I needed to know.....maybe it was considering everyone is laying people off in today's economy...I don't know but I really didn't need to know that. In any event, my boss was very very sad about firing the young lady. So Monday when I started I had to clean out her desk (she left abruptly Friday-after my boss watched her clean out her desk I must add) which is now my desk. While I was cleaning out the desk I found some paperwork pertinent to my functions. Now while I was cleaning out the desk I had no idea what the paperwork was or it's purpose. But I gave them to my co-worker who was totally confused as to why it was in my desk. Now I must add the paperwork was in my desk under some other stuff-looking very suspicious. So my co worker thinks about it for 10 minutes then goes to my boss to give her the paperwork. They don't really say much to me about it but my co worker comes back reporting my boss cried because she felt so bad about firing the previous young lady. Now I work in a counseling facility with a bunch of therapist who are very caring folks. So every time someone comes into my office to speak with my co worker they bypass my desk and head right to her desk to discuss what happened. (The way my office is configured my desk is first and if you come in you've pinned me in a corner if you will) So every day people have come in my office upset about the previous young lady and wanting to discuss the details about what happened. My co worker is an older Southern woman who will tell your business but on her time-so she hasn't given up the ghost but asked everyone to call the young lady directly. This would be fine if I wasn't held hostage in my office with people less then 10 feet from me speaking in hushed tones about what happened causing the previous employee to get fired and how she needs help. Now when I say she needs help I don't mean like they're looking down on her, instead they pity her. They want to help her financially in anyway they can-although she was let go with severance and unemployment along with wonderful references. How many jobs do you know fire you for misconduct and STILL give you severance???? But all my co workers want to help her in any way they can. This is awesome but I really don't want to know about it or discuss it.
So Wednesday, I went to my boss to give her a report and she then asked me about the paperwork I found Monday. So I take her back to my office to show her exactly where I found the paperwork. So I'm sitting at my desk, my boss is on my right and my co worker is on her right and after I show her where I found the paperwork they launch into a lengthy ultra private discussion. My boss is asking my coworker why would the paperwork be in the drawer, should she be concerned that maybe the previous employee....her voice trails off she doesn't say was stealing but she's alluding to it. My coworker is telling my boss she has no idea what to think because why would the paperwork be there. Apparently, the young lady told my boss she put the paperwork there meaning to get back to it....I know this because my boss is telling my coworker while they're standing at my desk. And I'm again held hostage at my desk because they are both standing right next to me...... My boss then turns to me and asks me..ME..the new girl who's only been here for 3 days...if she should be concerned. Here's where I wanted to curse and scream. How the heck am I supposed to know what that girl was thinking and what her true intentions are??? My job is handling cash and checks daily so it is possible the previous young lady was stealing but I really don't know and don't want to speculate. How can I really comment on someone's character that I've never met?? So I look at my boss with the dumb look (the one you give when someone asks you a dumb question) and tell her I am really not comfortable answering this question... She then realizes she shouldn't be asking me and apologizes. But the conversation continues.....OMG My whole week was full of moments like this.
So Wednesday the devils foot soldier was truly hard at work. I gave up cursing for Lent and committed to displaying grace, mercy & acceptance to everyone. I keep saying this because I have to keep reminding myself so I can stay focused. At any rate, most people have issues with their inlaws but I despise mine. Well really it's just my mother in law mostly....well I'm not married so Basims mom. Our relationship has never been a particularly good one and we've even come close to blows. I've always tried to be respectful because that's his mom. I wasn't raised to disrespect my elders or your partners family. So for the last 9 years I've mostly taken abuse from his family in some shape or another. Minus the one time we almost came to fisticuffs, I don't say anything when she maligns me and completely disrespects me. I've complained to my boyfriend and he says something... although it took him several years to intervene but that's another rant I'll get on later maybe.
For the last 9 years when his mother has disrespected me not only have I not said anything my family hasn't gotten involved. However, this week was a different ball game. So Basim posted a status about his Honey Do list and I jokingly commented:
Don't forget to do the following Honey ;)
Make the salad, wash the clothes, pick up the groceries, clean the kitchen and straighten out the living room. All this needs to be done BEFORE you pick me up. Then once you pick me up, take me to work out then we can go to Bible Study. Once that's done the list for today is complete ;) Tomorrow is a new day full of new Honey Can You Do things ;) welcome to the world of a house husband-LOVE YA!

Now every item on the list is something I've done myself while I was out of work. However the point is my comment was a joke and I even spoke with Basim during the course of the day so he knew it was a joke. Now my pastor also commented on his status that we needed to make it to Bible Study regardless of anything else-jokingly. Then Basim's little cousin commented on his status:
@Reese why would u write all that on his Wall? that is not cool...But I don't think I would be able to do all that either...Hope u get that new job cousin,then u can be at work all day and yall can work on these things together...
Now after she read my comment she let her mother read it, who then called his mother to tell her what I'd written. His mother then called me. First I typically NEVER answer when his mother calls me because Lord only knows what shes got to say and it's probably going to piss me off. But this time I didn't answer because I was working at my new job-I don't think it would look too good for me to answer my cell phone on my 3rd day at my new job. So when Basim picked me up I asked him what his mother called me for. Most times his mother calls me when she can't get in touch with him and she's probably spoken with him before I can determine the reason for her call. This time Basim had no idea what her reason was for calling. But I had a voicemail (which I might add I HATE checking my voicemail) so I decided to check my voicemail (begrudgingly of course) on speak phone. OMG the devils foot soldier left me a scathing message telling me she raised an f'g man and not an f'g yes man and she will kick my tail..and a bunch of other curse words I've given up for Lent. This 46 year old woman left me a message cursing me out and calling me a barrel of names because I asked my boyfriend to do some things around the house. Again, the items I listed weren't anything out of the ordinary, they weren't items demeaning or illegal. The items were regular household chores that you SHOULD do anyway to maintain your house.
Now before my blood can really get boiling God intervened..Basim picked up the phone and curse his mother out. Now when I say cursed his mother out I'm not really giving any justice to the tongue lashing he gave her. I will say he demanded she apologize to me-which she asked him to tell me she was sorry and he cursed some more & reminded her she called to curse me out so she should call me to apologize. He also demanded she stopped speaking to me in any old way-that one day someone (I presume me) is going to whip her tail because she doesn't know how to talk to people.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Basim actually came to my rescue and kicked some butt! While I was glad I was still hot-my skin was physically getting hotter by the moment. So instead of overreacting I called my mother (lol yes I called my mommy) and WOW she flipped out. She didn't say much but I knew she was mad.
So I went to work out and for every punch I took I was punching his mother in the face. Every squat I was pooping on his mom's face. It was wonderful! I pushed myself even harder than ever because of the motivation.
When I got home my mother instantly demanded to speak with Basim & I. She proceeded to sit us down & let Basim know in no uncertain terms was his mother to speak to me ever again. (that's the short of it)
Ok this is really long & really personal but I had to get it out...there's some more I need to say but my fingers are tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment